Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Adventures with Amy & Tripp

Amy is a good friend of Tripp and mine back from Columbus State University in Georgia, however she is studying in Oxford this semester instead of Chichester. This weekend she came down to visit us and it was really good to see another familiar face. It helps with the home sickness. Dr. Hansen came and visited us for a few hours and I can't tell you how happy I was to see her. A new country can be overwhelming, but getting to see just a few familiar faces was so soothing and good for the heart.

I still can't believe that Gustav Holst is buried in the Chichester Cathedral just a 20 minute walk from my school. I have played and heard a handful of this composers works and he is most well known for his orchestral suite "The Planets". 

The three of us attended an Evensong at the Chichester Cathedral. It was mind blowing that I was being immersed in the traditions and procedures of British culture that we study about at school in the states. I was actually participating in it! 


Time to get some food!


Cute set up of the restaurant. The fact that they have Fred's mustard is rare. Most British individuals prefer Colman's mustard, which is extremely hot!

A lovely photo of us outside Chichester Cathedral. I am really happy Amy came down and visited us.

No comments:

Post a Comment