Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Seven Sister Cliffs

Our International friend Taylor planned a trip to the Seven Sisters and invited us along. Of course we went! How could we turn down a trip to these beautiful chalk cliffs in East Sussex. It was a fun trip with lots of laughter. The wind there was extremely crazy and was reaching speeds between 40 and 60 miles per hour. We took a train to the town and then a taxi to the actual cliffs. The cliffs got the title the Seven Sisters because there are seven peeks and each peek has its own name making up the Seven Sisters. 


We arrived!

They are just stunning and the pictures don't give them justice. 





Our group out on an adventure.

And it is extremely windy. 

Time to hike up! 




Tripp's facial expressions crack me up!



Erika being blown away in the wind







Don't get too close! You might be blown off.

I really wanted to look over the cliff, so I endangered my life and crawled over there. Erika took these photos of how ridiculous I look without me realizing it. 



When you want a really good photo.



It was worth the view. 


The drop was scary! 


I even grabbed some chalk off the sides of the cliff.



Needless to say, it was extremely windy, but we are a good looking bunch.



I laugh at these two photos every time I see them. When we were climbing up the cliffs Tripp just told me to hold onto this wire while going up for some stability and I did, however after a few steps I see the sign in the picture below. Haha, Tripp is crazy! Luckily the fence was not on, but I still was not going to push my luck for the rest of the time there.


Our goal was that light house at the top.





Erika still being blown away in the wind


Tripp was trying to walk toward me, but the wind was too much. I had no idea how we were going to get back down.


We finally made it to the light house, which turns out to be privately owned and you can't go inside. The wind was so great we were being blown into the wall surrounding the place. 

This is us trying to go back down the mountain. Up was easy with the wind to our backs pushing us up, but down took way longer. 









The CSU student selfie!

The wind is being blown upwards.

The aftermath look.

Pictures of how the cliffs have receded throughout the years. 


The cliffs and their names

The view on the train ride back. 

Some cliffs on the land and not next to the sea. I think it is so cool that it is chalk and not clay like Georgia.

Some chalk that I got off the cliff.

Propping our feet up on the way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment