Tuesday, February 16, 2016

England Food

This post is for any food of any kind that I did not get at the school cafeteria. 

I like subway in the states and I was just curious how similar it would taste. It was not exactly like subway in the states due to the fact that their sauces were somewhat different, but it tasted practically the same. 



I joined a church while abroad called Grace and they had a group for 'students and 20s'. Every other Sunday we got together at this older couples house and had dinner and bible study. It was awesome because I got to taste some home cooked meals while I was in England. Pictured above was the dessert and below was dinner. I did not know the names of everything they cooked us, but it was always fantastic. 


Most fruits are more expense here in England especially blueberries and strawberries. Their watermelon also can't compare to the size and taste of the watermelon we get in Georgia. However, I found that in the first month, blueberries and strawberries were comfort food to me seeing as I am a picky eater and my stomach was not used to the British style. It also helped to sooth some of my homesickness. 

Toasted tuna baguette with hot chocolate. Delicious meal! I love England's hot chocolate. I tasted the salad cream in the green packed and it was quiet strange. 

This is the pancake I made with the Christian Union on Pancake Day. It is a very fun holiday in England. It starts the day before Lent and was originally the way Christians used up their eggs and fat before the 47 day period of Lent. Even though a good portion of England does not celebrate Lent anymore they still celebrate their traditional pancake day.

This fudge I got while on one of my adventures in Bath and it is probably the best fudge I have ever had in my life. 

Pasties are a very common British food and they are quit amazing.

Banana milkshake with carmel. 

Lunch at the mall. Sweet and sour chicken with rice. Yummy! It was cool to see the similarity and differences between the malls I know in the states and malls in England. I am not a big shopper, but England is very serious about fashion and style. 

This food is from a pub call Dolphin and Anchor and is part of Weatherspoon, which is a chain of pubs. 

More expensive strawberries and blueberries.

The milks are in Liters and not gallons. The loafs of bread are smaller and more thinly sliced. The cereal I bought, Crunchy Nut, tasted more like Frosted Flakes then my much anticipated Honey Bunches of Oats. The items in the blue bag say muffins and I was expecting English Muffins, but they are actually Crumpets, which have more of a spongy texture and are cooked on one side. 

These are chocolate eggs with small prizes inside. I was told by Stephanie that they are actually illegal to bring into the states because the toys are inside the chocolate and it is considered a safety hazard to kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment