Monday, January 18, 2016

Brighton on Sunday

Went to Brighton, which is on the south coast of England. I was told it was a mini London. It was a fun cold adventure. I went and saw their beach for a bit and it was very odd. I've never been on a beach entirely made up of pebbles. My pictures below really tell most of the story. However, when I got back from this wonderful adventure there were multiple things that went really wrong. It started with me wanted to do laundry. A wash cost a pound 80 and a dry cost a pound. Well the dry was 50 minutes and it didn't completely dry my clothes. I couldn't afford a second dry, so I borrowed some string from my house mate and made a clothing line, which was attached to the curtain rod and the clothing cabinet. I then went to take a shower and managed to break the shower head. Yes, the first week and I'm already breaking things. The face of it came off and the water would just fall out. It was not a pleasant shower. Lastly I found out my case was broken and no longer water proof for the third time! Lifeproof has turned out to be such a disappointment. This past Sunday night I felt the most homesick. Today I talked to mom for over an hour. Needless to say I feel a lot better. 

I start classes tomorrow! Had a meeting with the head of the Music Department today. He said we should go to any class that 'tickles our fancy' and by the end of the week pick the four we liked the most and register for them. Wish me luck! Send up some prayers!

Their beach is entirely made up of pebbles and apparently most of England's beaches are. 

Surprisingly it didn't smell salty at all. 

Tripp was always getting in the way of my photos

This is Tripp trying to skip the pebbles across the waves.

This is the group of new International Students this semester. 10 total

Walking toward the Brighton Pier

The entrance. This entire pier is a huge amusement park, complete with roller coasters, games, and food... on a pier... you know... over the ocean 

It was extremely windy on the pier

They even have a ferris wheel! Thankfully this is on land. 



Tripp challenged me to this dolphin racing game, which I originally did not want to play because I always lose these games. However, I did walk away with a weird looking stuffed shark/ fish thing because I dominated that race!


That BurgerKing sign though. Messin up the beauty


This food was good and thankfully not too expensive. It was sweet, but spicy enough to burn.

Went into this bookstore thinking it was a cute small bookstore. Lies! It was five stories and of course Tripp needed to get a book from the fifth floor. It was gorgeous though.

Hehe I think I found a shoe that might fit my brother Adam. Now I just have to get the left one too. 

So, this is what my room looks like when you have a smaller than average laundry load not completely dry in the 50 minute 1 pound cycle at uni and you can't afford to pay for another dry cycle. 


1 comment: