Saturday, January 16, 2016

Busy two days

Friday Tripp and I had International orientation (it is weird being on the other side and being the International student) and it was a full day of information and getting to know other students. At lunch I had my first taste of the English dish "fish and chips". And even though I do not like fish it was decently good and I ate half of it. I also learned that this dish is commonly served with curry sauce and I loved it! Orientation took up most of the day.
Saturday morning I locked myself out of my room. Yes, I didn't even make it a week before locking myself out. Security came after a five minute wait and got me in, but then it took me 15 minutes to find my key (great start to the day). After the key was found, Tripp, Henrietta, Pal, and I went into town to do some exploring. They gave us a tour of the Cathedral and because Henrietta is a History major she knew lots. We then had lunch at Bills, which was a cute little place. Later that evening we went shopping and then grabbed dinner. It was a long and eventful past two days. 


Into the Chichester Cathedral 

Walking through Chichester town in the streets. Picture doesn't capture how beautiful it is. 

Walking towards the Cathedral

The Cathedral is actually in the shape of the Crucifix (from a birds eye view). 

Saint Richard (Tripp said the statue looked like Lord Voldemort, and I added 'he's casting a death spell')

The entrance (So detailed)
The Cathedral is over 900 years old!!!



 
tombs all throughout the cathedral

Seeing this was probably the most exciting part of the entire Cathedral for me. An actual Old Hall Manuscript! Seeing something that Dr. Martin talked about in music history class was just amazing. There aren't really words for how I felt. 



Old piece of a Roman building. Details below


A Chamber Organ. Super Cool

Where the ladies went to pray

So much detail going on


Where they hold their services in the main part of the Cathedral. The choir is split in two groups that face each other. 

!!!!


One of my favorite photos

The Bishop's Palace Garden is gorgeous and it's winter! I can't wait to see what it looks like in a few months. 




In the center of the city. Trading used to happen here.

They randomly check our housing every Friday. I spent the first few days here cleaning and it's nice to have a note that tells me my work paid off.

Did I mention I really like fruit? <3

The entire chili dog isn't even in the photo. It was yummy and way too much food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment