Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Landing & Taveling to Chichester

After a long eight hour flight and four hours of sleep I finally landed in London's Heathrow airport. I went through the normal routine of customs and getting luggage at the baggage claim however, after that it was a whole new world for me. I printed my train and rail ticket and purchased a sim card (which didn't give me data access until late this evening). I learned quickly that British people are nice and helpful. The trail and rail system is confusing (make sure to study up on it). London station is amazing, but extremely crazy (I will have to go back and see the 9 & 3/4 platform). When I got on the Victoria train I was so tired I accidentally fell asleep and luckily woke up a few stops before I was to get off. I started that trip surround by buildings and construction and woke up with green landscapes for as far as the eye could see. When I arrived a the Chichester stop, I took a taxi to the university. It was a really nice taxi and the driver was kind and informative of the area. I knew that they drove on the opposite side as Americans, but I am not going to lie my stomach did a flip the first time a car passed by on the right. I did some running around at the school, but I was finally shown my room. How it works at Chichester is, there are two floors (flats) and six students upstairs and downstairs. Everyone has there own sleeping quarters and the six students on that floor share two toilets, a shower, a bath, and a kitchen. This is going to be a new for me seeing as I have never lived in a dorm of sorts. When I finished hunting down food, I went back to my room and starting unpacking (In reality, all my stuff is just placed about). I met two English students. They are extremely kind and will be showing me around tomorrow. One is studying music (plays trumpet) and the other is studying history. I ended the night with talking to family and friends. 

Favorite Quote of today: "My school is older than your country" - England Student 

Tips: Don't eat airplane food
Ask tons of questions (even if you think you know what you're doing or where you're going)
Give yourself plenty of time for transitions between transportation 




Much prettier in real life



Where I will be staying the next few months



My Room



No comments:

Post a Comment