Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 2 in England

I fell asleep at midnight and got up at noon, so yes I slept about twelve hours. I went with Stephanie (whom I met yesterday and lives upstairs) to the Otter restaurant, which is the school food or in CSU's terms "the Den", and got a sandwich. We then met up with the other student from yesterday, Henrietta and went shopping. I really wanted to take photos because it was similar, but at the same time extremely different, however I didn't wanna be some strange person taking photos at the grocery store. They have a tons of pastries and clearance sections for everything including the food. From the drive there and back I went through over a dozen round-abouts, which is more than I've ever seen in the states. When back, I put everything away and then cleaned and settled into my room more. At around eight Stephanie and I walked into town, which took about 20-30 minutes. I got to see the Cathedral in town, which in England a town can't be called a city unless it has a Cathedral. It was huge, extremely detailed, and beautiful. I look forward to seeing it in the day time and actually getting to go inside. We met with Henrietta and ate dinner at a common pub called Dolphin and Whales. I got some typical American food, which they actually suggested. The chilli dog (a foot long), "chips"(big french fries), and fried onions where delicious. I went back to my room and finished putting everything away before finishing up and going to bed.

Things I heard today:
"Pardon me"
"Tolly-ho"
"Fancy meeting you here"
"Quiet good"
"Cheerio"
"Good day"


My Address for the next four months.


I am on the left side of the car on the left side of the road. It was really unsettling.


45$ and it's not even everything I need! Also, that small milk there is a pint! The strawberries were delicious!


It's illegal to bring these to the states because it's a plastic toy inside a chocolate egg. They are really good and the toy was cute. It shoots water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment